Here are the goals of the Speech Markdown project:
- Get Speech Markdown added (as an alternative formatting syntax to SSML) to all Voice Assistant platforms.
- Support platforms that use SSML by providing formatters to convert Speech Markdown to their specific flavor of SSML.
- Provide libraries to easily use Speech Markdown in various frameworks such as Alexa Skills Kit SDK, Jovo Framework, and others.
- Integrate Speech Markdown into all tools that allow content authors to enter and format text.
- Encourage the creation of web editors that support marking content and generating Speech Markdown.
- Create syntax highlighting extensions for various editors such as VS Code and Atom.